Re: Help for EXP

From: Jim Gregory <jim.gregory_at_DaytonOH.attgis.com>
Date: 1995/08/10

A full database export will get everything regardless of where it's stored and put it into a single export file. If you then try and use the export to import the data and the structure, ORACLE will even attempt to re-create the files where the tablespaces are stored ( usually you will have pre-created at least the basic structure of the DB before doing the import ) Jim Gregory

>>Hi, I try to export entire database. But I find that there are several
>>segments (extents) in different disk partitions. If I use EXP to export
>>entire database, will all data export into one file, or not?
>>
>>Thanks for help.
>>
>>tony.zhou_at_m.cc.utah.edu

Views and opinions expressed are mine and do not reflect my empoyer's or client's. Received on Thu Aug 10 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message