Re: Which PC is connected

From: Richard Avery <richard_avery_at_nt.com>
Date: 1995/08/10

In article <725584852wnr_at_unisol.demon.co.uk>, "D:WINSOCKKA9QSPOOLMAIL" <mark_at_unisol.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> In a PC-Unix client-server setup using TCP/IP and orasrv how can I
> deteremine which PC has an open connection to the database ?
> I can get the process id and some related info from sys.v$session and
> sys.v$process but I cannot relate an IP address to a particular
> process.

Mark,

I am not sure what tools you need to extract the information into but you are going to have to go to the Unix level to get this information. The easiest way would be to grep the terminal name from the command "who -R" and to cur the machine name from the output from that command.

e.g. who -R | grep ttyp3 | cut -d \( -f2 | cut -d\) -f1

Post again if this is not the info you required. I hope who -R is supported on your machine.

Richard Avery

--
The above posting does not represent the views of Nortel in any way.