Re: Default table size?

From: Michel Lapierre <milapier_at_ge.hydro.qc.hq>
Date: 1995/08/09

dking_at_gbc.gbrownc.on.ca (Darren King) wrote-écrivait:

>Is there a way to change the default space allocated for tables
>if the initial,next... clauses are not used in create table
>commands? I don't even know where the defaults are stored in the
>database.

>any help would help...

>dk.
>--
>Darren King, George Brown College :: -> dking_at_gbrownc.on.ca

Yes, you need to change the tablespace default for creating tables. If you do not specify any storage parameter in you create table it will use the default one. The tablespace you are creating in can be found by doing select * from user_users; in the column default tablespace.

To modidy the default space use the alter tablespace xxxx .... You must have the privileges.

Michel Lapierre Received on Wed Aug 09 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message