Re: [Q] Database Trigger mutating error...

From: Chetan Jujuneja <FVZW96A_at_prodigy.com>
Date: 1995/08/09

 mutating error (ORA-04091). This seems like a common
>thing to do (move a record from working to history). Do I need
>to do this programmatically or is there a way to handle this

The solution is to use statement triggers instead of row triggers. Statement triggers however do no have access to :new values. You therefore need to hold these values from row triggers. There are three possible alternatives for doing this

  1. Use a temporary database table.
  2. Use package specification variables
  3. Use PL/SQL table variable declared in package specification if you cannot determint the number of rows that a statement will effet.

If you need further help please post a message

Chetan Juneja
Quintessene Systems N.Y.
E Mail FVZW96A_at_prodigy.com Received on Wed Aug 09 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message