Re: Unix data migration tools

From: Eileen Fraser <frasere_at_primenet.com>
Date: 1995/08/09

In article <3vl56d$hlg_at_oznet07.ozemail.com.au> jdnash_at_ozemail.com.au (jim nash) writes:
>From: jdnash_at_ozemail.com.au (jim nash)
>Subject: Unix data migration tools
>Date: 1 Aug 1995 12:03:25 GMT

>Anyone have any experience in tools that assist in migrating
>data into Oracle on a Unix platform? I know there are a number
>of PC tools, don't know of Unix ones.

>Help appreciated,

>- Jim

Yes!
You can eti's extract tool for a straight migration from anywahere to anywhere else.
You can also use dbstar's migration architech tool. It runs under sun and rs6000 by end of year. It is more of an analysis and design tool..but it will generate your new new db schema for you in any relational db froamt on unix

plese email if you need more info

Eileen Received on Wed Aug 09 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message