Re: SQL*PLUS Editor

From: Russ Seligman <rseligma_at_oracle.com>
Date: 1995/08/08

In article <3vrvg0$occ_at_dub-news-svc-6.compuserve.com> chwinbab_at_ibmmail.com (Mario A. Babini) writes:

> Anyone an idea how to bypass the severe limitations of the SQL*PLUS Editor in
>a Windows client?

If you want to do complex SQL and SQL*Plus things, I'll defer to the others who have offered answers to your question.

However, for simple SQL (DDL or DML) or for any type of PL/SQL editing, you should use Oracle Procedure Builder.

Procedure Builder is a GUI, interactive PL/SQL editor, compiler, and debugger. It graphically displays all stored program units and database triggers, and allows you to drag-and-drop them onto the client for debugging, then back to the server for deployment. The PL/SQL debugger is the only one on the market that lets you set breakpoints, step through your code, and examine and change the values of local variables.

In addition, it has an interpreter prompt that allows you to execute SQL commands.

--Russ

Russ Seligman                 "If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe
Oracle Corporation             there's something wrong with the universe."
rseligma_at_us.oracle.com           --Beverly Crusher, ST:TNG