Re: Forms 4.5 Refresh?

From: John Blair <jblair_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1995/08/06

In <3vt14t$907_at_clarknet.clark.net> bmichels_at_clark.net (Bud Michels ) writes:

>We have a problem where we call other apps such as calc.exe,
notepad.exe, >SQR Viewer, or Winword.exe from within our Forms 4.5 application. The problem is when you close the external app, forms 4.5 doesn't refresh and an image is left on the window.

>Bud Michels
>bmichels_at_c-s-p.com
>(301)598-7416

Bud,

When we run into this in a Forms 4.5 class, we find that a File-Save refreshes the Window. Perhaps you could build in a trigger that would fire as you return from the external app?

Incidently, this is also a problem when you put Windows on a network, instead of on the C: drive on a PC. (The screen continually needs refreshing in Designer.) What a pain.

Jennifer Blair
Blair Technical Training
jblair_at_ix.netcom.com
(703)922-3664 Received on Sun Aug 06 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message