Re: Can PO 7 talk with remote Oracle databases?

From: D:WINSOCKKA9QSPOOLMAIL <smb_at_smcewan.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1995/08/03

PO7 cannot be distributed.

We are using Oracle in our new company strategy and had the eval. of PO7. We wanted to distribute this and asked Oracle how. They told us that PO7 is geared towards Workgroups and is the full Oracle 7 with the distributed bits removed (Dist. DB / Replication).

However, it does employ snapshots if you can utilise them.

The answer, although more expensive (Good Ploy), is Oracle Enterprise Server which is the all singing-all dancing version.

| Stuart Barber EMail smb_at_ |
| Mail sent via Demon Internet - Full IP for 10/Month Tel:0181 371 1234 |