Re: Recreating a database

From: Geoff Baker <r26906_at_email.sps.mot.com>
Date: 1995/08/01

In article <3v8q84$lo_at_dartvax.dartmouth.edu>, User_Organization=ValleyNet <marty.himmelstein_at_valley.net> wrote:

> I need to recreate a database to create a larger db_block_size. Is a
> procedure for doing this documented anywhere? The current database is
> not that large, and can be reloaded, or exported/imported. Any pointers
> would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Marty Himmelstein
> marty.himmelstein_at_valley.net

You can wade through the documentation and get pieces of info. I have recently changed my db_block_size. Here are the steps I followed:

1. Export the database.
2. Make sure you have database create scripts.
3. Change the init<SID>.ora file to reflect the new db_block_size.
4. Adjust the db_block_buffers parameter to compensate for the increased
db_block_size. DB Buffer Cache size = db_block_buffers * db_block_size. 5. Re-create the database.
6. Import database.
--
Geoff Baker
MOS-13 CIM Software Engineering