Re: HELP - Too many cursors !

From: troy trimble <troyt_at_sun.com>
Date: 1995/07/31

In article fkn_at_canton.charm.net, maif_at_charm.net (MD Automobile Insurance Fund) writes:
>Hi, we have a problem with Sql*Forms 3.0 and too many cursors.
>
>The forms abort with an error: Invalid cursor,
>testing shows that there are too many cursors.
>
>Is there a way to release cursors without leaving the form.
>

>Thanks,
>
>Ron.

Oracle Forms 4.0 has an option called "Optimize Transaction Mode Processing" that allows non-SELECT statements to share a single cursor while normally each statement has its own cursor. Each SELECT statement always has its own cursor. Using this can help cut down on the number of cursors used. I don't know for certain if this is available on Forms 3.0, but if it is this would help a bit, in addition to increasing MAXCURSORS.

Later,
TT Received on Mon Jul 31 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message