Forms 3.0.16 - Commit in a form called from another form

From: Anna Hedington <hedington_a_l_at_bt-web.bt.co.uk>
Date: 1995/07/26

Any ideas how I can commit changes in a called form before returning to the calling form, which needs sight of the changes for a Pro*C user exit??

The calling form calls the new form and the user exit in a PRE-UPDATE trigger. The new form is an enhancement to a well established form.

COMMIT in the called form produces 'FRM-40403: A calling form has unposted changes. Commit not allowed'. Changing KEY-COMMIT to 'POST' and KEY-EXIT to 'EXIT_FORM(NO_ROLLBACK)' in the called form produces encouraging messages, ie 'n records posted' etc, but the changes appear to be lost on return to the calling form.

Putting the CALL() and user exit within a POST-COMMIT trigger in the calling form also does not work - the magic message 'FRM-40400: Transaction complete -- 1 records posted and committed' appears after my debug messages in POST-COMMIT.

Any thoughts welcome.

Anna Hedington                         hedington_a_l_at_bt-web.bt.co.uk
ISEC                                            Tel: +44 1473 227234
BT Bibb Way                                     Fax: +44 1473 231727

The opinions expressed here are my own and not my employer's. Received on Wed Jul 26 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message