Re: Forms 3.0.16 - Commit in a form called from another form

From: Stephen Turner <sturner_at_athena.mit.edu>
Date: 1995/07/31

>>The calling form calls the new form and the user exit in a PRE-UPDATE
>>trigger. The new form is an enhancement to a well established form.
>>

>Try including a POST in the _calling_ form, just before the call statement.
>The second form should then not need any special treatment: it shouldn't care
>whether it's running stand-alone, or called from another form (as in this
>case). You may see a slight difference in the messages, but that's all.

I was going to post (if you'll pardon the expression) the same solution, but I remembered that you can't POST in a PRE-UPDATE trigger, POST being a restricted packaged procedure. Maybe this would be the right solution in the long term, but the call to the other form would have to take place elsewhere.

Steve Turner Received on Mon Jul 31 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message