Re: ORA 1090 Shutdown in progress

From: Irvin Betts <gato01_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1995/07/24

In <3utvb2$k2f_at_bingnet1.cc.binghamton.edu> bpanko_at_bingsuns.cc.binghamton.edu () writes:

>Hi, netters
>
>I am staring at this error:
>ORA-01090 Shutdown in progress for the last 30 minutes.
>
>I did 'Shutdown normal' after connecting as internal to my instance.
>Is this a major crisis (not being able to do a smooth shutdown).
>Will my database come back to life?
>
>Has anyone experienced a similar problem?
>
>Thanks,
>e-mail at bpanko_at_bingsuns.cc.binghamton.edu

Your database is waiting for some user process to exit or complete prior to shutting down. If you need the database to shut down, and know that there will be some user processees still hanging on, try

        shutdown immediate

This will abort any connections and shut down the database. I have applications that run 7x24 and this is the only way for me to shut the database down. Received on Mon Jul 24 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message