Re: Oooh, I think I did a bad thing....

From: <kristoff_at_baseware.com>
Date: 1995/07/17

Hi again everybody,

First, I want to thank everybody for their help. This is the most input I've ever gotten from a those on a newsgroup, and I very much appreciate it.

All of the suggestions have been very similar to this:

> > Follow the procedure below.
> >
> > 1) Start up the database.
> > In SQLDBA : STARTUP MOUNT;
> >
> > 2) Delete the datafiles from the database.
> > In SQLDBA : ALTER DATABASE <sid> DATAFILE <filename> OFFLINE DROP;
> >
> > 3) Stop and start the database.
> > In SQLDBA : SHUTDOWN;
> > STARTUP;
> >
> > 4) Drop any objects remaining that are related to the datafiles.

The problem I'm having is that Oracle will not even mount the database. If I can't mount it, I can't do anything to it. Is there something else I'm overlooking ??

Thanks!
Eric Received on Mon Jul 17 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message