Re: Forms 4.5/GPFs HELP

From: Rick Rutt <rrutt_at_delphi.com>
Date: 1995/07/17

Michael Irene <multipro_at_ix.netcom.com> writes:

>Been using v4.5 for over a month. Just recently we've started getting
>GPFs when generating forms (they are fairly large forms). The problem

. . .

>changes have been made to our configuration... Still waiting for the
>maintenance release (4.5.6?) from Oracle. Any similiar experiences out
>there ??

Version 4.5.6 significantly reduces the GPF problems. In the interim, try using the Layout Editor as little as possible (only to move items on a form). Close the Layout Editor as soon as you move/size some items, then use the Object Navigator to select items and set their properties. Create items in the Object Navigator, then just use the Layout Editor to position them.
-
When we were using version 4.5.5, I followed the above approach and had many less GPF's then a colleague that did all his work in the Layout Editor. Also, the version 4.5.6 release notes describe many fixes to the Layout Editor.
-- Rick

--

(Rick Rutt is a system architect living and working in Midland, Michigan.)