Workgroup Server for NT installation?

From: Cartier Hung <cartier_at_hk.super.net>
Date: 1995/07/16

I grab the 90-days trial version from Oracle Web Server. I intend to install the Workgroup Server for NT 7.1.3 on my NT 3.51 machine. Now I have read some of the documentation, it has cover that I should read the 'Oracle 7 Server Concepts Manual' first before installation. Did anyone know the documentation also exist on the Oracle Web Site?

In addition, I don't have network card installed on my machine except the RAS, SQL*Net 2.1 say it need a physical network card if I want to set TCP/IP, is that true? Is SQL*Net 1.1 is just fine and ok for me. Moreover, can I use install the Windows client tools on the same machine as the NT Server (\ORAWIN vs \ORANT directory)? More specific, my NT 3.51 is workstation version, not Server version.

Thanks in advance! :)

--
|  Cartier Hung   | URL:   <http://www.hk.super.net/~cartier/home.html> |