Re: Forms declaring cursors in triggers

From: sugi <sugi_at_crunch.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1995/07/16

In article: <3te1hm$bj7_at_data.interserv.net> jmm084c_at_dpcmail.dukepower.com writes:

> I'm trying to declare a cursor within a PL/SQL block in a trigger that will update a row
 for each
> occurrence. Can this be done? I get an error when I try to declare a cursor in a
 trigger.
> How do I do this in forms????
> Thanks!

I use a combination of the suggestions currently stated. The DBMS_OUTPUT is good but you can soon run out of memory. You can use the size option when setting DBMS_OUTPUT ON ( DBMS_OUTPUT ON SIZE 30000 ) play around with the size value. But some times the looping is to great. I have writen a simple DBUG package which allows the setting of a Procedure(s) level and Error_Report(s) level. This means that you can specify 1 to Many Procedures that you are interested in traceing and also within those procedure/Function a level of reporting points (I use things like entry/exit statements,Looping, variable, etc) with my routines you can create 25. I leave the statements in the run time code as it is only executed if there is a package global set. I use the DBMS_OUTput as well as insert into a Error_Messages File you may have to change the structure of this for your own environmet and standards.

I wont list it here but if anyone is interested I will send them more details includind the package listing if it is required. It is small and simple. You could tailerit to your own needs.