Re: Newbie in ver.7 Some basic questions

From: SheilahJ <sheilahj_at_aol.com>
Date: 1995/07/15

Need to run the SQL in the ORACLE_ROOT/dbs/admin I forget the name of the file, should be able to look in the SQL scripts to determine it. I'm at home and don't have my notes with me. As for the default tablespace - NO NO NO. Do not let your users have SYSTEM as their default tablespace. They will build tables there and it is a Bad thing to have that. Not that it will corrupt your system or anything, it's just poor practice as a DBA.  The quotas are for limiting the amount of resources that your users can take up on specific Tablespaces. This is a choice of the DBA and if you need to limit your users, you do it here. The utilities guide you got with your system is a good place to start and also, the SQL language book is a decent instruction tool as well. I also recommend the DBA handbook produced by Oracle Press. It should go a long way in describing what is wrong with your system. Received on Sat Jul 15 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message