Oracle Security

From: Steve Morrow <Steve.Morrow_at_p99.f618.n283.z2.fidonet.org>
Date: 1995/07/15

From: smorrow_at_dotrisc.cfr.usf.edu (Steve Morrow) Subject: Oracle Security

Greetings All,

We want to ensure that our users access a database thru a particular application,
and not thru SQL*PLUS, or some other Oracle or 3rd party reporting tool or database residing on another host. Users will be restricted from the UNIX command line, and thus won't be able to execute commands.

I understand that the PRODUCT_USER_PROFILE table will allow you to 'disable' what user's can do within SQL*PLUS, but can other tools be specified? And moreover, is there a way of restricting access from other programs/DBs/tools? Does SQL*NET have such a capability to filter out users NOT coming in thru this application?

Any answers and/or comments are appreciated!

Thanks,
 STEVE

  /_  _] /_  ]/  ______)/  ______) _/| Steve Morrow, Sr. Programmer/Analyst
   / _/   / / / (____   / /___    _/ | University of South Florida