SQL*ReportWriter Problem

From: Chris Hamilton <chamilton_at_sratech.com>
Date: 1995/07/14

I am using SQL*ReportWriter 1.1.14.14.1 on a Sun SPARC 670, with Solaris 2.4 OS (just upgraded from 4.1.3 last month). I am having a problem with running reports occasionally.

What happens is:

When the user presses the [Accept] key to execute the report (after filling in parameters), sometimes they get an immediate message on the bottom of the screen saying "File open error: file is write protected". The report fails immediately. Subsequent tries sometimes work fine. It is not limited to one report or one user - it seems to be random.

I have the proper environment variables (TMPDIR, SRW_TMP, TMP, and TEMP) set to the /tmp filesystem, which has 110 MB free, and there are lots of old spooled report output there (which should have been automatically deleted, I would think - at least they used to be).

Permissions on the /tmp directory are drwxrwxrwt, which should work fine. Any ideas on this?

Chris Hamilton
SRA Technologies, Inc. Received on Fri Jul 14 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message