Re: Oracle 2000 for OS/2

From: John D. White <jdwhite_at_vnet.net>
Date: 1995/07/14

Raul R. Chacon (chacon_at_houvmscc.lsis.loral.com) wrote:
: I have successfully installed a copy of Oracle 2000 in a Warp platform. I
: have configured all *.ORA files, such as LISTENER.ORA, CONFIG.ORA,
: TNSNAMES.ORA and the like. No problems there. However, I recently installed
: another physical drive, making the ORAOS2 and its subdirectories move from
: the D: logical drive to the E: logical drive, since the new drive took the D:
: drive letter. Even after I changed the relevant *.ORA files, and the
: CONFIG.SYS, I can not start the database I used to start before. I found that
: the file CONTROL1.ORA still contains pointers to the D: drive, and I need it
: to point all its defined directories to E:. How to achieve this. A text
: editor, such as E or EPM is not designed for this task. Any ideas or
: suggestions?

: Thanks,

: Raul

you will need to create controlfile....... with the new drive info. You should have ... alter database backup controlfile tpotrace; befor you moved. This would have put the create statement in your trace file . This could be edited to change drive letters ect.

Good luck!

--
John D. (JD) White Client/Server Consultant Inventor of the ATM
Whiteline Design, Inc. 7812 Blackwing Ct.Raleigh, NC  27615  USA