Re: Oracle 2000 for OS/2

From: David Colello <dcolello_at_oracle.com>
Date: 1995/07/15

In <3u3u7n$6tr_at_gryphon.phoenix.net>, chacon_at_houvmscc.lsis.loral.com (Raul R. Chacon) writes:
>I have successfully installed a copy of Oracle 2000 in a Warp platform. I
>have configured all *.ORA files, such as LISTENER.ORA, CONFIG.ORA,
>TNSNAMES.ORA and the like. No problems there. However, I recently installed
>another physical drive, making the ORAOS2 and its subdirectories move from
>the D: logical drive to the E: logical drive, since the new drive took the D:
>drive letter. Even after I changed the relevant *.ORA files, and the
>CONFIG.SYS, I can not start the database I used to start before. I found that
>the file CONTROL1.ORA still contains pointers to the D: drive, and I need it
>to point all its defined directories to E:. How to achieve this. A text
>editor, such as E or EPM is not designed for this task. Any ideas or
>suggestions?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Raul

Run SQLDBA from an OS/2 command prompt and do the following:

SQLDBA> connect internal
SQLDBA> startup mount exclusive
SQLDBA> alter database rename file 'd:\oraos2\....' to 'e:\oraos2\.....';
SQLDBA> shutdown
SQLDBA> exit

Note that you'll need to do an "alter database rename" for all control*.ora,

   dbs*.ora, log*.ora, and wg*.ora files that you find in any directory under    d:\oraos2.

You should now be able to start up just fine.

Good luck.

Dave Colello
dcolello_at_us.oracle.com

The views expressed here are my own and not my employer's. Received on Sat Jul 15 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message