Forms4.5 When-mouse-click trigger

From: NG TSE CHONG <fba20007_at_leonis.nus.sg>
Date: 1995/07/12

Hi,

I tried to use the WHEN-MOUSE-CLICK trigger at a block level. The block is a multi record block. The trigger is to restrict the user to go to a NEW record when the present record has null mandatory field(s).

In the trigger, I check the :system.cursor_record to see if it is 1 (the first record). If it is not, the I go to the previous record (using go_record) and do a check mandatory field on the record.

My colleague said the WHEN-MOUSE-CLICK trigger use to work in forms 4, but not anymore in forms 4.5. Anyone out there has the same experience with this trigger, or whoever can give shed some light on this problem?

Am I using the right trigger to restrict mouse navigation to a new record when the present record has a null mandatory field? I used WHEN-NEW-RECORD-INSTANCE, but its not efficient cos it is triggered each time I move among records, using either key or mouse, which is not good.

Suggestions and comments greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ng Tse Chong Received on Wed Jul 12 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message