Re: Failure to extend rollback segment

From: Chuck Hamilton <chuckh_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1995/07/12

In <8055501838-324765_at_reblaus.wu-wien.ac.at> chris_at_reblaus.wu-wien.ac.at (Christian Kaiser) writes:

>i had the same problem with an import of a big table and after extending
 the
>rollback segments and the tablespace (after that the import did not
 work either)
>i took all rollback segments except one offline and increased the
 maxextents and
>other sizes of this special rollback segment and so used it for the
 import.
>(after that all the way back :-) )

If you're importing a table, another solution is to set the COMMIT parameter to Y. This forces a COMMIT every time the import buffer gets filled. I've imported tables with millions of rows this way with relatively small rollback segments (32k). You also have to make sure the import buffer size is no more than 1/2 the size of the the rollback segment.

BTW the COMMIT parameter can't be set in the interactive mode. You have to use a control file.

--
Chuck Hamilton
chuckh_at_ix.netcom.com

Incoming fire has the right of way!