Re: How do you copy "long" data from one table to another?

From: <michel.lalonde_at_sit.ulaval.ca>
Date: 1995/07/07

In article <DB9pK1.GE2_at_scopus.com> Anil Nair <anil_at_scopus.com> writes:
>From: Anil Nair <anil_at_scopus.com>
>Subject: How do you copy "long" data from one table to another?
>Date: Thu, 6 Jul 1995 00:04:48 GMT

>1. How do you write a PL/SQL procedure which copies data
>from one "long" column in a table to another "long" column
>in another table.

If your "long" is less than 32K, you can select it into a LONG PL/SQL variable and then update your table with that variable.

If it is more than 32K, ... I am also looking for a solution since we will soon have to work with images (long raw).

Michel Lalonde. Received on Fri Jul 07 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message