Running Oracle under HP/UX 10.0

From: Tony Poulson <poulson_at_ebrd.com>
Date: 1995/07/05

I am looking for any experiences with running Oracle7 under HP/UX 10.0. We already run a number of systems under 9.00 and 9.04 but are in the process of testing and commissioning a new box running 10.0 and RAID.

The issue is our senior UNIX administrator tells me that software should be installed under /opt on SVR4 systems however Oracle's install notes seem to fudge the issue by saying that, by default, they install under /home. This is of course unless you wish to implement links, which is their other suggestion, so as to make your system look like a 9.x system and thus istall under /users ! Does it matter where it is installed ?

Secondly, if anyone has any experiences (good/bad) with RAID under UX I would be pleased to hear from them.

Regards,

Tony Poulson
Database Administrator
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development Received on Wed Jul 05 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message