Re: Internal Error - "space leak" ???? V 7.1.4

From: <dbavldb_at_inet.uni-c.dk>
Date: 1995/07/03

In <3t2o6a$8rq_at_newsbf02.news.aol.com>, vincen5158_at_aol.com (Vincen5158) writes:
>>I had the same problem with Oracle 7.1.4 on Sequent Dynix/ptx, until we
>>upgraded to 7.1.6, when this bug is supposedly fixed. We haven't seen
>>this problem since we upgraded.
>
>Surprise! we get the same error in db shutdown with Oracle 7.1.6.2 Sequent
>Dynix/PTX 2.1. The bug is reported. We cycle our databases weekly, and its
>a drag to have check to see if the error has occured or not. They consider
>it an non-harmful error because the shutdown process is at the point where
>a shutdown abort is 'safe'. This is a weak argument.

Hello

We are an AXP/ORACLE 50 Gb infodatabase. I agree that the 'space leak' is a very irritating error. For the AXP platform Oracle has a FIX !!!! I think the 'fix module name' is STSIMA, but ask Oracle !!!

Mogens Egan, DBA at Unibank Denmark Received on Mon Jul 03 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message