Re: Internal Error - "space leak" ???? V 7.1.4

From: Vincen5158 <vincen5158_at_aol.com>
Date: 1995/07/01

>I had the same problem with Oracle 7.1.4 on Sequent Dynix/ptx, until we
>upgraded to 7.1.6, when this bug is supposedly fixed. We haven't seen
>this problem since we upgraded.

Surprise! we get the same error in db shutdown with Oracle 7.1.6.2 Sequent Dynix/PTX 2.1. The bug is reported. We cycle our databases weekly, and its a drag to have check to see if the error has occured or not. They consider it an non-harmful error because the shutdown process is at the point where a shutdown abort is 'safe'. This is a weak argument. Received on Sat Jul 01 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message