Re: Tablespace limitations

From: Murray Kaiser <ae873_at_ccn.cs.dal.ca>
Date: 1995/07/01

Michael Tackett (mtackett_at_dayton.csc.com) wrote:
: I am running ORACLE7 on a HP-UX machine. I am relatively new to ORACLE DBA
: administration. I am getting an error ORA-01118: cannot add any more database
: files: limit of 30 exceeded. Does anyone know what might be causing this
: problem?

: Thanks,
: Mike Tackettt

My guess is that the maxdatafiles was set at 30 when the database was created. If this is true and you need to add more datafiles, you will have to do a full database export, recreate the database with a larger maxdatafiles and then do a full database import.

Look in the manuals for the CREATE DATABASE statement.

Good luck

--
Murray Kaiser                  | Usual gutless disclaimer..
Nova Scotia Power              | Opinions are mine and not necessarily