Changing The 'Internal' Password On 7.1.3.3.3 NT/Intel

From: Paul Stradling <stradlingp_at_logica.com>
Date: 1995/06/30

Hi,

Has anyone manged to change the INTERNAL password after initial system creation in Oracle Workgroup Server v. 7.1.3.3.3 . I have used the VSDPW.EXE which displays a cute menu for chaging passwords but doesn't seem to change any known password!

I have scoured the documentation but its keeps talking about the SYSOPER & SYSDBA privs. and that INTERNAL is provided for backward compatibility only.

Do users with SYSDBA privilege replace the INTERNAL login?

Is it possible to change the INTERNAL password?

Come back UNIX all is forgiven! ;-)

TIA Paul Stradling
DBA
Logica UK

stradlingp_at_logica.com Received on Fri Jun 30 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message