SQL*Net connection for Windows NT

From: Kenneth S M Tsang <smt_at_hk.super.net>
Date: 1995/06/30

I am a newbie in windows NT and have installed the Oracle Workgroup Server on a Windows NT 3.5 server(as domain controller)

I would like to use Power Objects, or CDE2 as client front end running on Wfw to access the Oracle engine on NT, I have tried installed SQL*Net named pipes but failed in connection.

Could anyone comment on what SQL*Net protocol should I use and what's the step I need to do for connection?

PS)I got no problem in sharing resources from my wfw, and I can use p:PDC90:ORCL to connect to the database from within the server but not wfw :(

cheers
//Kenneth S M Tsang * Computer Services Division
  Hong Kong Productivity Council, HKPC Building, 78 Tat Chee Ave., Kowloon, HK.   Office: (+852)7885848 WWW: http://www.hk.super.net/~smt/home.html   Email: smt_at_hk.super.net

//Kenneth S M Tsang * Computer Services Division
  Hong Kong Productivity Council, HKPC Building, 78 Tat Chee Ave., Kowloon, HK.   Office: (+852)7885848 WWW: http://www.hk.super.net/~smt/home.html   Email: smt_at_hk.super.net smt_at_dmf093.ust.hk smt_at_cyber.net.hk            Received on Fri Jun 30 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message