Re: Oracle 7.1.3 and NT 3.5 Server

From: Jgreene <jgreene_at_aol.com>
Date: 1995/06/30

> I have an Compaq Proliant 2000 with NT 3.5 and Oracle 7.1.3. From time
 to time
> (about once a mounth) both Oracle services stops on the server create a
 error message for the > users ("Error connecting handshake").
> I have to start the to services who had stop and start up Oracle again.
 No failure messages
> in the Alert log or Drwatson32 log.
> Do anyone else have simmilar problems.

I have not seen this problem on our NT server. However, did you check NT's log (under NT admin tools, I have come across a log for the services). When I have had Oracle die without any messages to the alert log on Unix, it often was related to the operating system and I had to check those logs for some clues. Received on Fri Jun 30 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message