Re: HTML Front end

From: Jack Haverty <jhaverty_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1995/06/29

bwalton_at_wimsey.com (Bob Walton) wrote:

>Is their a program that allows the web to be used as a front end for Oracle.

>I was wondering if anyone knew if there is a way to gate Oracle
>queries to the Web. For example can a html form be set up to query access
>and can the results be reported in html format on the fly complete with
>giff's. If so can multiply users access the data at a given time and could
>the system handle a 100,000 records? Any help would be great. If you can
>develop such a system, or know of system that can do this know I would be
>interested in talking further.

>Thanks for your time! :-)

See http://dozer.us.oracle.com:8080/ or go to Oracle's home page at http://www.oracle.com and look under Free Trial Software for the Web Interface Kit.

In particular, check out the "Auto Dealer" demonstration (the "Want to buy ..." link) - it is an example application that among other things does queries and creates HTML pages on the fly. It is running on the Web with a live database.

The application is implemented using the WOW facility, and since they consist of stored procedures executing within the Oracle7 engine, all of the facilities and characteristics of Oracle7 are available - so 100,000 records is not a problem.

The WOW core and example application are all downloadable; in particular you can download the application and use it as a template, modifying it as you want to make another application.

Jack Haverty Received on Thu Jun 29 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message