Re: Finding a PL/SQL error

From: Russell McDonald <mcdonaldr_at_logica.com>
Date: 1995/06/29

raiden_at_mars.superlink.net wrote:

>> scheller_at_netcom.com (Mark J. Scheller) writes:
>>
>> I have a stored procedure I'm trying to implement, but when I load it into
>> sqlplus, I get the oh-so-helpful error message "warning: error during
>> compile" or something to that effect. Is there a better way to do this so

>after getting the "error on compile message", type "show erros", this will give you
>a better description of which line caused the error

After doing 'show errors' you will get things like 'Error at line 34'. In sqlplus you can then do 'list 30 40' and it will give you the bit of code in your procedure that is failing.

Russell

--
All opinions expressed above are mine, and not my employer
Russell McDonald  e-mail mcdonaldr_at_logica.com