Re: Physical sort of a table

From: John Humphries NTLIS 89-6292 <jwh_at_lhdu01.lhlg.nt.gov.au>
Date: 1995/06/29

Hi Vinod,

I have that the same problem and couldn't find a solution. Clustering in Sybase appears to be the same as in DB2 but completly different in Oracle.

I found a small section in the Oracle DBA handbook(Loney) that said the only way to do this is to unload the data, sort it and reload it. And that is what I do. A ProC program to unload the data in sort order and use the loader to put it back again. It takes ages to reload (lots of indexes) but it run on saturday night when no one is using it anyway.

Trust this helps. If you can find a better way I would like to know.

Regards, John Humphries - jwh_at_lhlg.nt.gov.au Received on Thu Jun 29 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message