Re: Oracle Instance ?

From: Steve Yam <syam_at_axionet.com>
Date: 1995/06/28

> My friend is trying to set up two seperate databases on the
> same hardware platform, and grant another person dba's priviledge for one
> db. ...

Oracle has parameter to control the maximum number of instance per database (the number is hardware dependent.) However, your case is different since each database has one single instance. You have multiple instances belonging to multiple database. The threshold number of these instance is totally depending on hardware capacity.

Steve Yam. Received on Wed Jun 28 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message