CPU usage after killing an Oracle session

From: Joanne Woytek <joanne_at_eosdev1.gsfc.nasa.gov>
Date: 1995/06/22

Has anyone experienced situations where an Oracle session is cancelled, either through the alter system kill session command or with a ctrl-C and Oracle continues to chug along using 90% of the CPU? This has happened to us a number of times now from different users under different circumstances. I plan on trying some systematic testing but was wondering if others had ideas as to what might be happening. We are running Oracle 7.1.4 on an SGI IRIX 5.3 system.

Thanks

Joanne Woytek
Code 902.2
NASA/GSFC
joanne_at_daac.gsfc.nasa.gov Received on Thu Jun 22 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message