Re: CPU usage after killing an Oracle session

From: <mlanda_at_vnet.ibm.com>
Date: 1995/06/27

In <3sbtnr$hfe_at_post.gsfc.nasa.gov>, joanne_at_eosdev1.gsfc.nasa.gov (Joanne Woytek) writes:
>Has anyone experienced situations where an Oracle session is cancelled,
>either through the alter system kill session command or with a ctrl-C and
>Oracle continues to chug along using 90% of the CPU? This has happened
>to us a number of times now from different users under different
>circumstances. I plan on trying some systematic testing but was
>wondering if others had ideas as to what might be happening. We are
>running Oracle 7.1.4 on an SGI IRIX 5.3 system.
>
>Thanks
>
>Joanne Woytek
>Code 902.2
>NASA/GSFC
>joanne_at_daac.gsfc.nasa.gov

Could these sessions be active and performing some I/O at the time the kill session was issued? If they are, they are considered uninteruptable (for instance, performing a rollback) until the operation is complete. This means all resources associated with this session will be reserved until the operation is complete.

M.Landa Received on Tue Jun 27 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message