OO4O Fields Collection Code Sample Please

From: TimRomano <timromano_at_aol.com>
Date: 1995/06/21

The following excerpt is from the 0040 documentation on the Fields property of OraDynasets.
" ... Usage
Set orafields_collection = oradynaset.Fields

Remarks

You can access the fields in this collection by subscripting (using ordinal integer numbers) or by using a string denoting the field (column) name. ..."

Could someone please provide an example of how to reference a particular field in the orafields_collection, when it has been "extracted" from the dynaset as in the Usage example above? The documentation does not offer an example. I know how to do it this way:

(i) empno = OraDynaset.Fields("empno").Value

But how would it (can it) be done this way?

(ii) Set orafields_collection = OraDynaset.Fields

        empno = orafields_collection{???}

The reason I ask is that method (i) above appears to be redundantly retrieving the full dynaset each time the Fields property of the dynaset is referenced in a line of code, e.g. when assigning each of the controls on a form with its counterpart column value from the current row. Thanks,
Tim
Tim Romano_at_aol.com Received on Wed Jun 21 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message