Internal Error - "space leak" ???? V 7.1.4

From: Barry Roomberg <barry_roomberg_at_iacnet.com>
Date: 1995/06/19

When shutting down my 7.1.4.1.0 SCO Unix instance, it aborted with the following in the log file:
ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [730], [132], [space leak], [], [], []

It pointed to a dump file which contained around 250 lines of stack dump information.

I'm currently on hold on Oracle support (listening to that miserable cacaphonous piano. It might be good for someone in a decent frame of mind, but only brings images of war and destruction to someone waiting for help on a DB problem!)

Anybody hear of this problem? Is there a patch? Do I have to endure yet another upgrade, going through the whole recompile/QC issues with all my apps?

<10 minute wait>

Oracle just picked up and I spoke to a knowledgable support person named "Cher?". Anyway, she knew immediately what I was talking about and looked into her bug database for the patch, with fixes available for all platforms.

The bug # is 274117. At this point Oracle's bug report database is down so she can't get the exact filenames required for the patch. She'll send it to me as soon as the system is back up.

Does anyone out there have the patch for this bug? Have you applied it? Has it caused more damage then help? (Can you tell I'm paranoid?)

Do you know what I can do to stress the database to trigger this bug, so I can be sure the patch fixed it? This system has been up for about a week so there is no way for me to dupe all the database activity. Rolling logs from a previous backup won't dupe the user interactions. Received on Mon Jun 19 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message