SEQUENCE GENERATER - 6->7.0 upgrade problem

From: Barry Roomberg <barry_roomberg_at_iacnet.com>
Date: 1995/06/19

I seemed to have lost the correct sequence in the sequence generator when I went from 6.0.36 to 7.0.14. Since I use the sequence numbers for records across 80 tables, I did not have a unique index error. I've since upgraded to 7.1.4, so I can't recreate to be absolutlely sure that it was the 6->7 move that did me in. I am just assuming by the timing of the records and the point that sequence numbers started to be reused. It DIDN'T set it back to zero, but to
around 104,911.

Has anyone been bitten by this? I need to know if this was an isolated problem or if I can expect to be nailed by it again.

Writing this while waiting for Oracle to pickup, as usual. Received on Mon Jun 19 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message