Re: SQL*NET Ports?

From: Akira Hashimoto <akira_at_st.jip.co.jp>
Date: 1995/06/19

In article <3r9hvv$4r6_at_grape.epix.net>, menion_at_news.epix.net (Tim Devine) says:

> Does anyone know what tcpip ports SQL*NET listens on? Is this set for both
>the client and server or is it dependent upon each installations
>configuration? Pardon for the questions, but I'm extremely ignorant on
>the subject. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Add following line to /etc/services.

If you use SQL*Net V1, the recommended port is: orasrv 1525/tcp

If you use SQL*Net V2 (Multi thread), the recommended port is: listener 1521/tcp Received on Mon Jun 19 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message