Re: System requirements for Oracle on PC, Disk space and Memory

From: Leigh Gardner <ca89_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: 1995/06/19

Dave Yardy <ydave1_at_delphi.com> wrote:

> i have nt stand alone 486/66 unit. will nt7.1 oracle run without an interfac
> network card(nic)???

I am running NT w/s 3.5 on a 486/33/16mb machine (yes, its true). I have the NT OWS and it works a.o.k. for mee.

Instead on install sql*net and all of its components, install the named pipes option, and when it asks you for the name of you machine, enter the name shown on the program manager title bar (mine is CYBER/Program Manager - so I enter CYBER). HTH Leigh Gardner Received on Mon Jun 19 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message