Re: Database replication: how to perform?

From: Steve Yam <syam_at_axionet.com>
Date: 1995/06/15

In article <DA7xwp.C3I_at_wirehub.nl>, ease_at_wirehub.nl says...

Why not considering snapshot in Distributed Option? It has ability of auto-recovery once the backup machine is down and up. In oracle ver 7.1.4 or laters, the slave tables in the backup machine can also be updated by other applicatons, not just read-only. And shapshot in this Oracle version is bi-directional.

I have designed such system before. The most difficult is to determine whether it is the failure on the chuck in-between two sites or the failure of the primary/backup site. If your switch of transaction to which machine is manual, you don't have this problem. Otherwise, the case of transaction spread into two groups is possible. Besides, how about the primary site is up. Will transaction switch back? This involves lot of table copy in-between two DBs.

Would like to know more about your configuration.

Steve Yam. Received on Thu Jun 15 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message