Moving database-, control- and logfiles

From: Patrick Koerner <SPHINX_at_terra-i.rhein-ruhr.de>
Date: 1995/06/15

Hoi folx,

we started with oracle about one year ago. At this time, we created the database "quick and dirty", because we had no experience with oracle databases. So the database-, control- and logfiles are scattered all over the filesystems. But that isn't quite good if you want to do a backup only from these filesystems, where the database-files exists.

Now my question: Which is the easiest way to move all the database-files to other locations?

We are using Oracle 7.0.16.6.0 on a Bull DPX20/490 with AIX 3.2.5.

Patrick.

E-Mail: SPHINX_at_TERRA-I.rhein-ruhr.de

  • Origin: 95 mph? WARP! ## CrossPoint v3.02 ##