Re: Changing column width of full table?

From: Steve Yam <syam_at_axionet.com>
Date: 1995/06/14

In article <Pwi3vsMjYy5I083yn_at_iii.net>, billyoc_at_iii.net says...

>Can I change the width of a column in a table that's loaded with
>2 million records? Please?<g>
>

>/* Billy O'Connor email: billyoc_at_iii.net
> D.P.S. Consulting, Boston MA CIS: 74021,530
> Boston area OS/2 business solutions */
Of course, you can expand column width as you like. This is not related to table size. Expanding column width only affects the following table operation. In fact, this is a DDL operation which only affect the system inventory table.
However, if you're talking about decreasing the column size, you will be in the trouble water. You need to export it out, freeze all related operation, drop the table, recreate the table with new size, import the data back!!!

Good luck,
Steve Yam. Received on Wed Jun 14 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message