Re: TNS Listener starting problems

From: DWendel <dwendel_at_aol.com>
Date: 1995/06/13

On Solaris 2.4 systems running ORACLE 7.1 and SQL*Net 2, I have periodically had problems restarting the listener IPC drivers after a system restart/panic where the listener was not properly stopped. The problem I encountered was related to the named pipes that SQL*Net creates for the IPC interface in the "/var/tmp/o" directory. Removing these special files in our /etc/rc3.d/S95dbstart startup scripts before the listener is started solved the problem. I don't know if this prolem is the same one that you are encountering, but there seems to be some similarity. Feel free to call if you have any questions:

Home: (408) 353-6004
Work: (800) SKY-PAGE pin#: 551-7509

Hope this helps...

--dc Received on Tue Jun 13 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message