Re: Personal Oracle7 & MS-Access 2.0

From: Tim Wong <roadgoat_at_mail.crl.com>
Date: 1995/06/10

Shaun Neal <71652.516_at_CompuServe.COM> wrote:
>Mark,
>
>I am having the exact same symptom. I believe it has something to do
>with setting up a workgroup in MS-Access. With no workgroup, there is
>no login and no "user", hence (my postulation) the GPF in USER.EXE -
>I'm going to try my theory later this week.
>
>I can also connect to a Sequent/Unix box no prob, just running Oracle and
>Access seems to be the major problem.

There is a patch for Personal Oracle that allows it to work with Access 2.0. I found it by accident going thru this WWW site: hhttp://www.bf.rmit.edu.au/~dtb/orafaq/contents.html

Are you guys using the Oracle71 ODBC driver? I've noticed that Access chokes when the data sizes get large (more than just a few MB).

Tim Wong
roadgoat_at_crl.com

"Romance is dead, it was acquired in a hostile takeover by Hallmark and Disney; homogenized and sold off piece by piece." - Lisa Simpson Received on Sat Jun 10 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message