Re: LINUX featuring ORACLE 7

From: Philip Chee <philip_at_aleytys.pc.my>
Date: 1995/06/08

In article <1995Jun6.010843.12307_at_deerwood.hanse.de> georg_at_deerwood.hanse.de writes:

>after a hard weekend, I'm very happy to tell, linux seems to be able
>to serve an oracle V7 database!
>I successfully installed from CD an
>oracle V 7.0.16.4.0 for SCO Unix
>on my linux V 1.2.1 system
>using the iBCS2 emulator V 1.2-950308
 ....snip....
>The database is not tested really until now, but it was possible to install
>- base RDBMS
>- PL/SQL extension
>- distributed extension
>- SQL*Net V1 and V2
>- SQL*Plus
>- a database with default sizes, creation of data dictionary was successfull
>I'll do more tests by installing a real database from one of my projects.
>If anybody is interested in details, I'll tell them.

Please post your results here! And if whoever is maintaining the FAQ would like to note this....

|Philip Chee: philip_at_aleytys.pc.my| This is a work of fiction.Any resemblance |
|Tasek Cement Berhad              |  to persons living or dead is completely  |
|P.O.Box 254, 30908 Ipoh, MALAYSIA| coincidental. The creator of this article |
|Voice: +605-551-011              |    has asserted its moral right to be     |
|  Fax: +605-566-142              |          identified as the author.        |
+-------------------Eigi-Eru-Enn-Allir-Jomsvikingar-Daudir!-------------------+
... He does the work of three men: Larry, Moe and Curly.
---
 * TLX v4.00 *