Re: TNS Listener starting problems

From: Alexandr I. Alesinsky <al_at_investor.kharkov.ua>
Date: 1995/06/07

>In article <D9EnpE.CAv_at_sovinfo.UUCP> pdavidov_at_sovinfo.gmsys.com writes:
>
>>Hello All,

>>We have Oracle 7 installed on SCO UNIX platform and
>>SQL*NET V2. According the installation log, V2 IPC protocol adapter has
>>been installed but if I include a line like:
>> (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=IPC)(KEY=TEST)),
>>where TEST is the service name in the LISTENER parameter file,
>>I can not start the listener. The error messages I have after the listener
>>start command are:

>> Attempted to listen on:(Description=(CONNECT=(CONNECT_TIMEOUT=10)
>> (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=IPC)(KEY=TEST)))
>> TNS-12560:TNS:protocol adapter error
>> TNS-00530: Protocol adapter error
>> AT&T System V386 Error 97: Protocol not supported.

>> The listener works normally if I include just the TCP communication
>>address.

>> Can anybody help me?
>No, but I can empathize.

On SCO Unix IPC Protocol Adapter can't support multi-threaded server. This is documented behavior, but I forget in which manual exactly (it is described at very strange location). This restriction is restriction of SCO named pipes rather then Oracle.

Alexandr Alesinsky
JSV Investor Received on Wed Jun 07 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message